Motion capture is the process of recording the movement of objects or people to use that information for digital animation, display or computer processing. New generation inertial MEMS (accelerometer, magnetometer, gyro) more and more accurate, extremely miniaturized, low cost and ultra-low power are paving the way to the development of previously unreleased applications: quantifying and analyzing performance in sports, patients rehabilitation in the health sector, heading and guidance of mobile objects, biomechanics.
The need for ground-breaking systems that answer to high-level requirements is continuously growing:
- accuracy reaching the degree of precision,
- minimal calibration of sensors,
- no option to use wires or cables to collect and handle data.
SEQUANTA provides wireless and multi-points data acquisition systems that integrate inertial MEMS for motion capture with a very high level of accuracy and performance.
Multi-sensors data fusion logic
- Inertial measurement unit with 9 degrees of freedom (3D accelerometer, 3D magnetometer, 3D gyroscope)
- Temperature and pressure sensors
- GPS positioning
Scalable deployment architecture
- Data logging: data storage on the node’s internal memory for later analysis
- Synchronized data logging: network of synchronized data loggers (time synchronization by radio protocol)
Wireless, miniaturized and energy self-sufficient, SEQUANTA intelligent systems are very easy to use and specifically designed to be deployed on the field to collect data in real conditions.